I know to a lot of people groan when they hear the word "work." But most of the time, I enjoy my work. Summer brings a special element of fun to it. This summer has been no exception so far. Each summer I plan once a week activities for our group of kids from church. So far we've had a service project, swam, went to Bouncing Tigers, LASM, and out to LSU for a pseudo tour of the Dairy. The tour consisted of watching a video made in 1986 while a nice college student narrated it in person. Afterwards we did get to eat ice cream and we went over to the Natural Science museum. So it was still a good trip. This week we are going to a Playmakers production - "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and then we'll have a picnic lunch and go to the top of our state capitol. It's hard to believe that will signal 1/2 of our weeks being over!
While I enjoy going these places and spending time with the kids and moms, what I really enjoy is watching the kids. I see how much these kids want to learn about God and serve Him. We have 20 of them that have signed up to participate in a Bible Bowl at the end of the summer, and we really haven't advertised it that much. They all just want to do it. And when it comes to service - they truly have that serving heart. They do it all. Our kids enjoy spending time together. They have a blast with each other even across age lines. Great kids being raised by great parents. I'm just thankful that I get to cross those age lines too and that I've gotten to know some really great Christian people. You should all want my job!
Side note - At one of the swimming times at my house some pre-teen/teenage girls were playing a game where you had to guess the name of a movie. They agreed that it had to be a movie that they had seen so it needed to be Disney or that type. WOW! Wish my kids had friends with parents like that growing up!
While I enjoy going these places and spending time with the kids and moms, what I really enjoy is watching the kids. I see how much these kids want to learn about God and serve Him. We have 20 of them that have signed up to participate in a Bible Bowl at the end of the summer, and we really haven't advertised it that much. They all just want to do it. And when it comes to service - they truly have that serving heart. They do it all. Our kids enjoy spending time together. They have a blast with each other even across age lines. Great kids being raised by great parents. I'm just thankful that I get to cross those age lines too and that I've gotten to know some really great Christian people. You should all want my job!
Side note - At one of the swimming times at my house some pre-teen/teenage girls were playing a game where you had to guess the name of a movie. They agreed that it had to be a movie that they had seen so it needed to be Disney or that type. WOW! Wish my kids had friends with parents like that growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment