Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Taking Control

I am trying to take control of the things I can control. My current focus is on my closets - or I should say all the junk that is in my closets. One thing I've always loved about this house is that there is very little wasted space. If there was room for a closet, there is a closet. In addition to a nice walk in closet in my bedroom there are 2 other nice sized closets that take up the space on either side of the back of the great room fireplace. It is so nice to have all the storage space except for the fact that it is easy to fill that space up with things that I don't necessarily need. I'm currently working on one of my bedroom closets that contains my Bible class books, visuals, etc. It is amazing to me the number of resources I have. My goal is to get rid of most of it - hopefully to people who will use it. Then I hope one of my good at organizing friends will come over and help me really take control. It's such a pain cleaning out and dealing with so much stuff but it is so nice seeing the pile decrease and know I am simplifying my life.

No comments: