Saturday, February 07, 2009

Weekends

I love weekends! Even "retired" there's something about the weekend. Sleeping in late, spending time with Jack, being lazy. It's a real blessing. Today wasn't exactly as I thought it might be. I had envisioned getting up and going to part of our Ladies Retreat this morning, but a headache hit me yesterday and I fought it pretty much all afternoon and night. I decided when I went to bed last night that I would just sleep until I woke up - no alarm. So at 8:30 I rolled out of bed,took some more medicine and slowly got to feeling better. We were able to follow through with the rest of our plans and go over to Hammond this afternoon. We met Justin and got to visit over lunch then Jack and I went to the Southeastern basketball game. It was our first trip to one this year. They are a young team and lost, but we enjoyed the game. We came home and Jack charcoaled. Such beautiful weather today to be outside a little. All in all an enjoyable day.

No comments: