Today we handed out the kid's awards for LTC. It was a nice ceremony where they each had their name called, they came forward and received an envelope with their plaque and medals. Earlier this week, before leaving town for my much needed vacation, I sent out letters to their parents explaining what we would be doing on Sunday. There was a "little" mistake. Instead of typing that the plaques would be handed out on Sunday, I typed that the plagues would be handed out on Sunday. A simple mistake that spell check didn't catch since that is a real word, spelled correctly.
I often wonder if the letters are read, or if most of the people just glance at them and go on (something I admit I do at times.) Today I got my answer - most people seem to read the letters.
One parent wanted to know if the kids could pick out which plague they wanted or if I was giving them all the same one. I told her I was going to pick a special plague for each child. Another young man (3rd grader) told me he was a little "creeped out" to think of going up there, because he didn't want a plague.
I think instead of spell check, I need brain check.
I often wonder if the letters are read, or if most of the people just glance at them and go on (something I admit I do at times.) Today I got my answer - most people seem to read the letters.
One parent wanted to know if the kids could pick out which plague they wanted or if I was giving them all the same one. I told her I was going to pick a special plague for each child. Another young man (3rd grader) told me he was a little "creeped out" to think of going up there, because he didn't want a plague.
I think instead of spell check, I need brain check.
2 comments:
This is so funny. Sounds like something I would do. I rely on spell check way too much.
On Monday I sent out an email inviting people to my home for coffee and desert. I sent out a correction - even though I had to admit that my dessert may taste like the desert at times. So maybe that wasn't so big of a mistake. One of these days I may learn - but probably not.
Post a Comment