Friday, April 27, 2007

I've Been Culturalized

I've had an interesting, fun week. I've been to the dentist, the doctor, a jazz concert, a wind symphony concert, a play, church, finished 2 books and I've actually had lunch with a friend and managed to do a little work too. The concerts were at Southeastern and Justin was in each group. Both ensembles sounded great. The jazz concert actually featured more songs that I know this time. There's usually a couple, but this time I knew most of them. Last nights wind symphony concert left me with the same awe of talent that it always does. It ended with a familiar theme to anyone who has breath - Star Wars. They played the original trilogy score and did a great job. Especially the trombone section. I must add here that I can't sit still while I'm listening to music, so I think I got a little exercise in this week too!

The play that I attended was "Ramona Quimby." I bet you didn't know I was a fan of that series of books. Well, I'm not. But a friends daughter, Allison Payer, is traveling with this production playing Beezus. This is one of those "field trip" plays so her family, my friend June and about 1,000 kids enjoyed the play. It was very cute and of course in my opinion, Allie was the best on stage. All in all, an enjoyable week so far, and there's still 2 days!!



No comments: