Thursday, March 15, 2007

Lost Pet

Last week I was driving home and saw a sign posted on the corner - "Lost Our Pet Pig." There was a phone number on the next line. What caught my eye besides that it was a pet pig, was the area code. I didn't recognize it, so when I got home I looked in the phone book and discovered the area code is for the Houma/Westbank area. (Houma is around 100 miles from Baton Rouge.)

All I can say is, "That's some pig!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that gives new a new thought to the saying "when pigs fly". I suppose this one flew far from home.

Anonymous said...

I saw that sign too and pointed it out to the girls who thought it was quite wierd/funny. Although I didn't say it out loud, I was thinking, "Hmmm...I wonder where the cochon de lait is?" Oh well. You can take the girl out of the bayou, but...

Jeanette said...

back for another visit
The old saying Pigs can fly.If the little pig has strayed he might be in someones freezer Only joking..

Jan said...

Pennie, I agree with you - if it made it that far, it didn't last to make it to a freezer, someone had a wonderful cochon de lait - and we missed it!