Wednesday, August 09, 2006

High Maintenance?

I have decided that I am becoming high maintenance. Jack would tell you that I've been that way all along, but I don't agree. I must admit that I'm becoming spoiled to a few things though. The latest is the result of a birthday gift from my good friend, Vicki. When I hit the big five-o she took me for a pedicure/manicure. That is something I had never done, but quickly knew that it could be become a habit.

My birthday was in June and I've managed to make a monthly trip to the nail place since. I always have a reason to go though. In July it was for Bekah. She had been a counselor out at camp so she needed to get a pedicure. And you might as well have a manicure too once you're there. This month it was to take Melissa along with Bekah and me. I didn't want her to feel left out. It was a fun girl's thing to do. I think next month I'll need it to ease the pain of both of my kids being back in school.

So I'm rethinkng this high maintenance thing. Maybe it can be viewed as both a sacrifice for other people and a therapy session for me of sorts. Nah - it's just an indulgence. But that's o.k. - I'm worth it.

No comments: