We just spent a long weekend in Arlington Texas while I attended a Christian Education Association board retreat. To be honest as the time got closer for the retreat, I wasn't sure what to expect. The association is a rather loose one in that we are scattered geographically. I am acquaintances with the other board members only because of the CEA. I usually see them only once a year at the Christian Education Conference. I shouldn't have been tenative. The time we spent together was productive and fun. They are a great group of people who are focused on helping each other as we navigate through our various "education" ministries. I'm glad we got to spend the weekend together and I look forward to seeing them again in January at the conference.
Jack and Rebekah went over to the metroplex with me. We arrived in Arlington on Thursday afternoon so that evening we went downtown. We stopped at the grassy knoll area where we learned that there were 3 shooters and that Oswald was standing in the doorway watching when Kennedy was shot. Or at least that's what the young men trying to sell us a paper about it told us. Bekah and I enjoyed taking pictures down there. In fact that was my only photo session the whole trip.
Friday morning I had free time because my meetings didn't start until 2 that afternoon. So we went to the mall that was next to our hotel and Bekah managed to find a few clothes for school. The rest of the day Jack and Bekah were on their own. They went back downtown and went to the Sixth Floor Museum. There I think they heard a different story about the shooting.
Following my sessions on Saturday, we drove up to Denison to see Jack's aunt, Cille, cousin, Tommy and his wife, Pauline. Cille has just recently moved to Denison from Russellville, Arkansas so we haven't seen her in several months. It was nice to get in a visit with them. All in all a pleasant trip. Now it's back to focusing on my ministry here in Baton Rouge and getting ready for our next trip. It won't be as pleasant as it will be helping Bekah move in to college. I hate to see summer end!
Jack and Rebekah went over to the metroplex with me. We arrived in Arlington on Thursday afternoon so that evening we went downtown. We stopped at the grassy knoll area where we learned that there were 3 shooters and that Oswald was standing in the doorway watching when Kennedy was shot. Or at least that's what the young men trying to sell us a paper about it told us. Bekah and I enjoyed taking pictures down there. In fact that was my only photo session the whole trip.
Friday morning I had free time because my meetings didn't start until 2 that afternoon. So we went to the mall that was next to our hotel and Bekah managed to find a few clothes for school. The rest of the day Jack and Bekah were on their own. They went back downtown and went to the Sixth Floor Museum. There I think they heard a different story about the shooting.
Following my sessions on Saturday, we drove up to Denison to see Jack's aunt, Cille, cousin, Tommy and his wife, Pauline. Cille has just recently moved to Denison from Russellville, Arkansas so we haven't seen her in several months. It was nice to get in a visit with them. All in all a pleasant trip. Now it's back to focusing on my ministry here in Baton Rouge and getting ready for our next trip. It won't be as pleasant as it will be helping Bekah move in to college. I hate to see summer end!
No comments:
Post a Comment