Friday, August 25, 2006

Got Anger?

Browsing the internet this morning I found this interesting article - "How Angry is Your City?" Based on statistics from various agencies in various categories they determined what I knew all along. The angriest city in America is Orlando. Yes the happiest place on earth is also the angriest place on earth - well at least the United States. I think that anyone who has been to Disney World with the over stimulated kids and stressed our parents is not surprised.

My hometown of Baton Rouge ranked 28th. While we're use to being ranked on the bad side of rankings, this one surprised me. Outside of the road rage, most people here seem quite happy and content. The only explanation I can come up with is that high blood pressure was a considering factor in the study. Yes, there is a lot of high blood pressure here, but it is not from anger - it's from our delicious food. So for Baton Rouge, high blood pressure = happiness.

No comments: