Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Resolutions?

To resolve or not to resolve? I usually choose not. I have never been much of a goal setting person. That's not completely true - I do have goals that I set and a lot of what I do each day is based on goals. I guess I'm a short-term goal setter focusing more on the here and now needs and less on the future. I have taken to heart the verse in Matthew that says "don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

If I were to make resolutions they would probably be the standard ones - diet and exercise, read my Bible more, think of others more and me less, etc. In fact, those are some of the things I resolve each day. Like most New Year's resolutions, some I am successful at and some I fail. So why should I waste a whole year on making and breaking resolutions when I can do it in a days time?

No comments: