God is good - always. That's easy to say when things are going "my way." I have thought about this a lot the past week or so. Justin had surgery to have some lymph nodes removed. The doctor felt sure that it was just an infection that wouldn't clear up and reading online I knew the changes of it being cancer was very small. But there was a chance none the less. Many prayers went up for the surgery and the outcome. Thankfully the prayers were answered the way we desired - just an infection. Not sure why or if it will happen again, but just an infection. Thank you God.
During the time of waiting and praying I kept wondering, how would I react if the news was different? I have had to face things that I didn't want to. Prayers have not always been answered the way I desired. I have always been able to trust God through those time. But thinking of my son at the age of 21 having the possibility of facing cancer - I don't know. I'm thankful I don't have to know the answer to that right now. I do think I would still be able to trust God and end up with a stronger faith, but part of me is afraid that it would have the opposite effect. Like the father of the boy with the evil spirit I say, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:24.
During the time of waiting and praying I kept wondering, how would I react if the news was different? I have had to face things that I didn't want to. Prayers have not always been answered the way I desired. I have always been able to trust God through those time. But thinking of my son at the age of 21 having the possibility of facing cancer - I don't know. I'm thankful I don't have to know the answer to that right now. I do think I would still be able to trust God and end up with a stronger faith, but part of me is afraid that it would have the opposite effect. Like the father of the boy with the evil spirit I say, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:24.
No comments:
Post a Comment