Thursday, January 19, 2006

Home Again, Home Again....

Jack and I got back in to town today after a trip to San Antonio. We went over there so I could attend the Christian Educator Association annual conference. It was a wonderful trip. We drove over on Sunday and the conference started that night with a worship session. The next day I attended 3 sessions led by Steven James - a master storyteller. Tuesday I attended sessions taught by 3 different women who work in Children's Ministry - Patty Weaver, Wendy Ogren and Cecila Bingham. Wednesday there were sessions taught by Casandra Martin and Bill Rasco. The theme for this year was "HIStory - Telling God's Story" and each session and worship service really centered around the theme well. I will write more about the conference later. There are a lot of things I heard and learned that I want to share.

Of course Jack and I took time to see some of San Antonio. It had been years since we were there. The conference was held in the Sheraton Gunter which is just a few blocks from the Riverwalk. It is a nice hotel. Everyone was very helpful and we didn't encounter waits for elevators or some of the other things that often come when a conference is being held. The only draw back was the lack of internet access, but we survived. Of course we spent time on the Riverwalk, seeing the Alamo, the other missions and the marketplaces. We ate some good steaks, bar-b-que and Mexican food and just enjoyed our time together. A good trip, but always good to be back home!

No comments: