Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Technology, Cat and Books

I have a tape for a LTC event that I need to edit and burn to a DVD. It's a simple edit and I was all prepared to do it with Windows Movie Maker. The only problem was that our desktop does not have a Firewire portal, so I couldn't capture the video. Not to worry - we have 2 older laptops that have the portal. So, I get the first one out and discover that it's OS is Windows 2000. Movie Maker needs XP. I'm still good because the other one has XP. However, it's Justin's old computer that is passoword protected and full to the brim. Then I had a brillant idea - download another free program, capture the video, save it on the Windows 2000 computer as a shared file, get it on my desktop and edit. Only problem is I can't figure out how to get the W-2000 computer to network with mine. So now I'm back to square one. Argggh! I only spent 2 hours or so finding this out.

Just when I've become quite the little cat shot giver, the shots have stopped. I don't know what has been/is going on with Whiskers. Her sugar levels were off the chart in the high range, and now they are off the chart in the low. So until the sugar reappears, she's shot free.

I've posted my book reviews for September. It was a good month of mostly 4 and 5 stars, but it also includes perhaps the worse book I've read this year. Check them out and if there's any on there that you've read, I'd love to hear your opinion.

No comments: