Last night in our Bible class of 1st - 5th graders we were playing "Simon Says." This was as a way to keep the kids under control at the end of class so they don't leave without their parents. I was Simon. I made it through one round with the kids coming up with things for them to do, but during the second round I just couldn't think fast enough. That's when I let the 2nd grader, Hayden, who won the first round take over. Hayden didn't have any trouble thinking fast. He had them rubbing their tummy, patting their head, jumping on one foot singing "Mary Had a Little Lamb." He was enjoying watching them all so much that I didn't think he was going to tell them to stop. After some near accidents the kids were stopped and laughing. Then Hayden belts out "Simon says pick your nose" followed by a pause, a deep laugh and "not really." I love working with kids!
1 comment:
I think that you are really great with kids.
On another note I finally got to catch an LSU game Sat. I posted about it on my sports blog if you want to check it out. Great game!
Just remember I love you,
Doug
Post a Comment