Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer Update

This Thursday is the last of my scheduled "Together oN Thursdays" for the summer. Last year we had a water day as the big last activity and everyone enjoyed it so much that we are doing it again. It is a lot of fun for the kids and a lot of work for the adults setting up and taking down. One good thing about repeating activities though is that with the first one you learn a few things and then hopefully when the second time rolls around, you remember them and it becomes easier. The biggest concern of mine right now is the weather. We've had 3 days in a row without rain, so I figure by Thursday the monsoon season will have returned and it may be a real water day!

In family news - both kids are home for the rest of the summer. Bekah got here a couple of weeks ago. It's great having them home, but it's surprising the difference it makes in little things - like how many loads of towels I wash a week. Yesterday morning I was out running errands when I got a call from Justin asking me what happened to all the towels. I told him that was exactly what I had wondered when I got ready for my bath. Seems like a lot of things are "disappearing" around here, but I'll take that any day in exchange for having them home for a few weeks.

No comments: