Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Shopping With Jan


Tuesday I made a trip to one of my favorite stores -

It was one of my typical trips - going in for a few things, finding a few things more that I needed to pick up and ending up spending more money than I thought I would. From many trips to Target, I've got a system for paying and loading my buggy in the least amount of time. I park my buggy caddy corner at the end of the check out so that I can put the bags in the buggy as the clerk sits them up on the counter. In between bags, I insert my card into the machine and do everything - including signing the line - so I am ready to push "OK," load the remaining bags and head out to my car.

This day there was a little glitch in my system. It seems that just as I was picking up my last 2 bags, the cashier at the register next to me needed through. She was very polite - "Excuse me, ma'am" and as I looked around while grabbing my bags so I could get out of her way, I mis-judged the counter height and took out the credit/debit card machine. It went flying, breaking the plastic sign that is around it and landing a few feet away. One of the employees picked it all up and we examined the frayed wires that were left behind. I was apologizing like crazy and wondering how much one of those little things cost, when she told me not to worry about it, they have someone that takes care of those machines. As I'm gathering my bags and hoping that there is not a Target Wall of Shame, the sweet employee tells me "Have a nice day!" Now that is good customer service.

No comments: