Saturday, May 19, 2007

Weekends

Most weekends around here are lazy weekends. We do things around the house, go out to eat, maybe have one "event." Just nice relaxing times. In fact I've pretty much forgotten what a busy weekend is like. This weekend is changing that. Last night we went to Baton Rouge Little Theater for their last production of the season - "Shakespeare in Hollywood." We always (or most always) go with my friend June and one of her friends or family members and go out to eat before. Last night her son, Ethan, went with her and the four of us plus her husband Bill ate together before. The play got mixed reviews from our group. Most of us agreed that it was entertaining. Jack didn't like it at all, but I would put it in the "not the best, not the worst, but not a waste of time" category.

On our way home from BRLT, my phone rang and it was Bekah. At first I thought she was upset and maybe crying, but then realized, she's hoarse. She is still in Mississippi, but they are leaving today. She wanted to know if she could come home today. So, I guess we'll sacrifice and let our daughter come. (Read sarcasm!)

Tonight we have some friends coming over for a cook-out and tomorrow night we are going to a cook-out. So I guess I'll have to start my diet on Monday - because this weekend it's out. But it'll be worth the sacrifice for the time spent with friends. Ah - the busy weekend again. I think I'm liking it. But not every weekend!

No comments: