Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Supply and Demand

This past weekend Jack and I went to the LSU/Texas basketball game. The game was held at the "neutral" site of Houston in the Toyota Center. The weather was yucky - rainy and cool all weekend, the church we attended was having budget Sunday, and the Tigers lost by 1 point in overtime. But, it was still a good weekend. We enjoyed the game (except for the final score), the church service, and especially where we were staying, the Magnolia.

I've often checked on staying at a downtown hotel when we go over for baseball games, but have never found anything in our price range. Since it was "off" season, the rates weren't so bad this time. When we got home I checked the Astros schedule for next year to see when we could go see the Cardinals play. They are scheduled to be there the first weekend in June which is perfect because that is Bekah's and my birthdays. I decided to check out the Magnolia for rates thinking maybe with it being a special weekend we could swing it. Boy! Was I wrong! In June the rates for the room Jack and I were in are tripled what we paid. Guess my economics professor was right about supply and demand.

No comments: