Friday, December 01, 2006

A House Divided

I have recently found myself living in a house divided. It came to light last week as Arkansas and LSU were preparing to play the final regular season football game. Jack - who for a few years now has called himself a Tiger fan - became a traitor and decided to cheer for Arkansas because this could be a "special" year for them.

With it being a football game, I was able to handle it. I was cheering for LSU, but kept my comments to a minimum. In fact I tried to keep myself busy and just listen in on the game. Of course it was easier being a good sport since LSU took care of business. Immediately after the game though Jack started giving me reasons to cheer for Arkansas over Florida in the SECCG. At first I still couldn't do that because it looked like if Florida won, we would go to the Orange Bowl, but if Arkansas won we would be out of luck on the BCS Bowl scene because the Orange would go with the Gators. Now that the Rose Bowl has seemingly taken that scenario out of the picture I will be cheering for the Razorbacks come Saturday.

The real problem with the division is basketball season. If Jack decides to remain a Razorback fan we are going to have to work out some kind of schedule for going to the LSU - Arkansas game. I will not be able to sit next to him while he is cheering for the Hogs. There is a glimmer of hope though. After watching the Arkansas - Missouri basketball game last night, Jack told me this morning that he is once again a Tiger fan. So now I'm trying to decide what is worse - him being a Hog fan or him being a bandwagon fan for the Tigers. Oh how complicated sports can make life.

No comments: