Politics - always good for a "what?!" moment. There are two stories that evoke that in me right now. The first is Governor Spitzer of NY and the prostitute. What I'm interested in is the discussion about how it will affect his political career. Yesterday James Carville was on a show discussing this and pointed out that Monica Lewinsky didn't end Clinton's career as many thought she would. Then Carville observed that of course what Governor Spitzer did "could be" against the law - paying for sex and all - but he still didn't think that would be that big of a deal. So now there's no difference between something that is immoral and something that is illegal?
The other story that I caught bits and pieces of last night has to do with Hillary Clinton considering offering Obama the vice-presidency. Have I missed something here? I thought that Obama had more delegates than Clinton. Seems like he should be the one considering who his running mate should be instead of the other way around. I guess I should have payed more attention in my Civics class many years ago.
The other story that I caught bits and pieces of last night has to do with Hillary Clinton considering offering Obama the vice-presidency. Have I missed something here? I thought that Obama had more delegates than Clinton. Seems like he should be the one considering who his running mate should be instead of the other way around. I guess I should have payed more attention in my Civics class many years ago.
1 comment:
In reference to Hillary and Obama, that was basically his response. He wanted to know why she thought the second runner should be calling the shots. He also refused to even consider the two of them on the same ticket. He said the people would have to choose. They can't have both.
June
Post a Comment