This past weekend was my official "get in the Christmas spirit" weekend. It started Friday when I actually went shopping. I left with an actual list and came home with most of it plus a few new ideas too. It seems each year it gets harder and harder to come up with gift ideas but I think this year we've done alright. Guess we'll find out for sure on Christmas Day. There have been times when I thought I had come up with a great idea and then the surprise has been on me when it wasn't met with the enthusiasm I had imagined. (In those cases the recipient has never been rude - but the look on the face, just not what I expected.)
Saturday morning was our annual Christmas Brunch/Ornament Exchange for the ladies from church. It was at the Oak Lodge Reception Center. That was our first time there and they did a wonderful job. They had plenty of room for us and plenty of food. In fact they even set out to go boxes for people to take home with them if they wanted. There were a lot of cute ornaments exchanged. I got a cute Santa "trimming the tree" - literally with clippers and a bee buzzing around his head. I guesstimate there were between 75 - 90 of us ladies there of a wide age range. Lot's of fun!
Yesterday afternoon my good friend Vicki and I went to Manship Theater to see "A Gift for Lyman Bourke". Jamie Wax did a great job with this one man show. He is a great storyteller. The play reminds everyone about what is important at Christmas and it was especially timely to be reminded that even if it is 80 degrees outside with 90% humidity, you can still catch the Christmas spirit.
While we were downtown we stepped into the Hilton Capitol Center Hotel. This is a hotel with a lot of history. It was recently restored and is beautiful - inside and out. We stepped in to look at the Christmas decorations. Now I'm wanting to get my camera out of the shop (it's in having the sensor cleaned) and I'm ready to go downtown to take a few Christmas shots. All in all a nice Christmas season weekend.
Saturday morning was our annual Christmas Brunch/Ornament Exchange for the ladies from church. It was at the Oak Lodge Reception Center. That was our first time there and they did a wonderful job. They had plenty of room for us and plenty of food. In fact they even set out to go boxes for people to take home with them if they wanted. There were a lot of cute ornaments exchanged. I got a cute Santa "trimming the tree" - literally with clippers and a bee buzzing around his head. I guesstimate there were between 75 - 90 of us ladies there of a wide age range. Lot's of fun!
Yesterday afternoon my good friend Vicki and I went to Manship Theater to see "A Gift for Lyman Bourke". Jamie Wax did a great job with this one man show. He is a great storyteller. The play reminds everyone about what is important at Christmas and it was especially timely to be reminded that even if it is 80 degrees outside with 90% humidity, you can still catch the Christmas spirit.
While we were downtown we stepped into the Hilton Capitol Center Hotel. This is a hotel with a lot of history. It was recently restored and is beautiful - inside and out. We stepped in to look at the Christmas decorations. Now I'm wanting to get my camera out of the shop (it's in having the sensor cleaned) and I'm ready to go downtown to take a few Christmas shots. All in all a nice Christmas season weekend.
1 comment:
It sounds like a fun weekend. We haven't started our shopping yet. Wednesday is our party in Fayettville, that's when we get our bonus check, so then maybe we can get started. I hope to get in and stay in the spirit this weekend. Doug has already called me a scrooge, I guess you don't need anymore Hog stuff.
Post a Comment