Friday, October 06, 2006

Going With the Flow

I've had a hard time sitting down to BLOG lately. Things have been busy - some good, some not so good. The past week or so has had it's highlights for sure. I got to visit with a good friend - driving out to see her new house and eating lunch with her. I also ran into Rebekah's old high school softball coach and got to hear all about his new baby boy, job, wife, etc. Great catching up with them. Jack and I went over to Southeastern last Saturday for the football game. Well, mainly to see the band at halftime. I was able to get a few shots while there which was fun because I haven't used my camera a lot lately. My Tuesday Bible study is going well and I'm also enjoying spending more time in God's Word each day. Our Wednesday night class for the kids is going great. And I was able to have some friends over for lunch this week. Good stuff.

Bad side - Justin is having some medical tests run. Not expecting anything serious, but never fun to go through. I went to the doctor myself on Wednesday with infected lymph nodes in my throat and all indications of a sinus infection. UGH! Today was the really UGH day in that my car's transmission pretty much bit the dust. But that had a good side too because the transmission is under warranty and I have a loaner car until I get mine back. So I'm driving around in a nice little Acura TSX for the next few days. Overall, as usual, the high points outweigh the low points and through it all God is teaching me to go with the flow. Not a bad lesson to learn.


Can you tell that Melissa spotted me and the camera??

We were sitting low so I had to find things along the sidelines to snap. I kind of like this one though.

Sitting low, I saw a lot of backs. Liked the combination of these names.

I may post a few more pictures of the actual game and the band later. Hope you enjoy these for now.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Thanks. I liked how the one on the left is "blown out." Reminds me of Bekah shoes from softball.