Allow me to vent....The other night Jack and I went to eat at a local establishment - Uncle O's. We have been there a few times lately. This last trip there though was our last trip! We had left water running in the pool. It's only a 15 minute drive to Uncle O's and the pool needed a lot of water, so it shouldn't be a problem. We got there and placed our order. Jack's salad came out quickly, but then it all came to a grinding halt. It took over 45 minutes to get our order. There were other customers there, but they were finishing their meals when we got there. In other words, our order was the only one from the dining area. I asked the waitress and she said it was due to a new cook. We ended up getting our food to go so we could come on home.
We went to pay and I think it was the owner who was taking our payment. He asked if everything was ok - when we told him it wasn't because we had to wait so long for our food, he just mumbled "sorry" - so low we could barely hear him. It then took him 5 minutes to ring up our meal and after all that, he had charged us only 1 cent on the debit card. Jack asked him about it - thinking he wasn't charging us - but no, he had made a mistake. He was going to run the card through again but Jack just paid him cash and we went on our way. We didn't want to stand there another 5 minutes.
Now I ask - would you ever go back to a place after an experience like that? I know we won't. The sad thing is that it wouldn't have taken much to make it ok. A sincere, "I'm sorry. We've had a hard time getting help and we're trying to work out our problems in the kitchen," would go a long way. I can understand charging for the meal - even though I probably wouldn't have - but even offering to not charge for our drinks or a discount would have been nice too. But none of that was offered. In fact you could tell he was just ready for us to leave. We didn't make a big scene. Most people there probably didn't have a clue as to any of what had happened.
Some people just don't get it. And from now on they will not be getting our money.
We went to pay and I think it was the owner who was taking our payment. He asked if everything was ok - when we told him it wasn't because we had to wait so long for our food, he just mumbled "sorry" - so low we could barely hear him. It then took him 5 minutes to ring up our meal and after all that, he had charged us only 1 cent on the debit card. Jack asked him about it - thinking he wasn't charging us - but no, he had made a mistake. He was going to run the card through again but Jack just paid him cash and we went on our way. We didn't want to stand there another 5 minutes.
Now I ask - would you ever go back to a place after an experience like that? I know we won't. The sad thing is that it wouldn't have taken much to make it ok. A sincere, "I'm sorry. We've had a hard time getting help and we're trying to work out our problems in the kitchen," would go a long way. I can understand charging for the meal - even though I probably wouldn't have - but even offering to not charge for our drinks or a discount would have been nice too. But none of that was offered. In fact you could tell he was just ready for us to leave. We didn't make a big scene. Most people there probably didn't have a clue as to any of what had happened.
Some people just don't get it. And from now on they will not be getting our money.
No comments:
Post a Comment