Yesterday we gave the kindergarten kids new Bibles. They got to have their name called out and come up to the front of the building with their parents. Their teacher gave them their Bible and then our deacon of education prayed for them. He challenged them to wear their Bible's out by reading them.
My thoughts went to my worn out Bible. The cover is falling apart and some of the pages are too. I bought a new Bible probably 5 years ago now. It is the same version, edition and style, but I just can't seem to break it in. I find myself picking up my old Bible most of the time. I don't know why but the old one just feels better in my hands. There's just something familiar about it. Plus it still has a lot of time left. Afterall I haven't even had to duct tape it yet.
My thoughts went to my worn out Bible. The cover is falling apart and some of the pages are too. I bought a new Bible probably 5 years ago now. It is the same version, edition and style, but I just can't seem to break it in. I find myself picking up my old Bible most of the time. I don't know why but the old one just feels better in my hands. There's just something familiar about it. Plus it still has a lot of time left. Afterall I haven't even had to duct tape it yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment