We are making a transition at South from the traditional Bible classes to the Rotation Workshop method. There is lot going on as far as the physical appearance of the rooms as they are being transformed to fit the stations. I know that excitement is building for the kids and that they will enjoy it all when it starts next month. The main thing it means for me is that we will no longer have our Wednesday night class. This is a class that we started about 3 years ago during the summer. We have 1st - 5th grade together, which I was a little apprehensive about, but I shouldn't have been. It has been a fun time as we have been able to use a type of "learning center" approach. The kids have been a joy to be with and an encouragement to me each week - even when they've been wound up beyond belief. I know I've complained at times about having to come up with a lesson and being tired, but I honestly can say that it has all been worth it. I'm a little sad that we only have a few weeks left, but I'm also glad that the kids will be exposed to different ways of learning and serving. My prayer is that somehow our team has touched these kids lives and shown them Jesus - even if it's only half as much as they've done the same for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment