Sunday, July 30, 2006

Simple is Better

I have really enjoyed this summer. It's been a busy time, but loaded with fun. Each summer I organize time for the kids from church to spend together on Thursdays. It's a combination of service projects and just for fun things. We ran the gamut from cleaning classrooms to going to a play to an afternoon of bowling. You can check out pictures from some of these activities at the South Baton Rouge church of Christ website.

Our last Together oN Thursday event was a water day at our "new" property. This was a lot of fun with different stations set up for the kids. It was no easy task to set up, take down and organize, but it was well worth the effort with around 40 kids showing up. I'm sure this will have to be added to the list as a traditional TNT activity. It always amazes me that the simpler things such as bowling and playing in water seem to be the ones most enjoyed. Something I need to be reminded of from time to time.

No comments: