Our trip to Mobile seems like it was a month ago! But since I've been busy getting all the awards ready for the kids and trying to plan our recognition service, I know it wasn't. The kids that participate in Leadership Training for Christ have such a good time. They enjoy what they do and being around each other. Being on the adult end of it I worry about several things tied to it. First I want to balance the "using one's talents for God" with "we are saved by grace not works." That's kind of a hard concept to grasp for a lot of adults even. There's always the time crunch issue of getting ready for convention too. My goal has been and still is that we use LTC as a tool for getting our kids involved in our church family. I want convention to be a by product of what they are already doing. That is the hard part. Finding time is the big issue with that goal plus just finding the opportunities and getting the kids plugged in. I am excited that some opportunities are coming up and I pray that we will be able to incorporate what the kids can do more and more in their daily life. Another issue is the kids overloading on events. I worry that they will get involved in so many that they don't really learn much or are able to develop their true talents. Then of course there is the "award issue." It would be easy to place value in how many "golds they've earned." While it's nice to be recognized, that's not the main goal in my eyes.
The thing about concerns like these is that for the most part they are unfounded. It is a great group of young people and they truly seem to care about what they are doing and who they are doing it for. To give you a little insight into this group, check out this website they published. I am fortunate to get paid for working with such a great group of kids, parents and volunteers. They are all truly a blessing.
Oh - and if you're interested in what all they did this past year and how it turned out, you can find out here.
The thing about concerns like these is that for the most part they are unfounded. It is a great group of young people and they truly seem to care about what they are doing and who they are doing it for. To give you a little insight into this group, check out this website they published. I am fortunate to get paid for working with such a great group of kids, parents and volunteers. They are all truly a blessing.
Oh - and if you're interested in what all they did this past year and how it turned out, you can find out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment