So Rachael Ray is doing a show about people who have reconnected through Facebook. I think that is a wonderful idea and I could probably be on there with almost half of my FB friends. Of course some I've reconnected with more than others. My first reconnection's were with friends from my Pine Bluff days. Those were the most recent past. Then my high school and college day friends started getting on FB, and even some of my LR days friends. In fact I now have FB friends from every phase of my life.
I've been able to reconnect with my best friend, Donna, from Junior High/High School days. (Yes I grew up in the stone age when there was Jr High - not Middle School!) It has been so much fun to hear a little about where life has taken her and to even get to talk to her on the phone and hear her voice. Donna is the friend that I should have stayed in contact with all these years. If time and distance had not separated us I can see us as the little old ladies that cause trouble but in a loving way.
I have also been able to reconnect with one of my dear college friends, Mona. Mona was in my wedding and we stayed in contact of sorts through our Baton Rouge move. Before our move, we had started to loose a little touch with kids and life in general edging in and not being in the same town. The BR move pretty much reduced it to Christmas cards and a note every now and then. It has been great to meet Mona and her hubby, Terry, a couple of times for dinner when we've been in Arkansas. She's another one that it seems we just picked right up and ran with it. I'm in hopes that Terry and her will come down here soon for at least a long weekend.
One of the biggest surprises on FB for me has been reconnecting with my niece, Amy. Through circumstances that weren't in our control, we had lost touch. I didn't even know her married name. Imagine my surprise and gladness when I opened a message in my FB inbox and it was from her. It's not been a month since that night and I have really enjoyed getting acquainted with my adult niece, learning about her life, her kids and just her. She is a special young woman with a lot of energy and love. It's been fun hearing what she likes and the personality of her kids and seeing how it matches up with her extended family. It is a special blessing and I pray that it will lead to me getting to catch up with her in a face to face way - not just electronically. But I'm definitely thankful for the electronic way!
When I got on FB I figured it would just be a little fun way to keep up with my BR friends. After all, us old people weren't really into it. Instead I've discovered that it is really a blessing to my life. So many memories and so many catch ups. I'm thankful to my friend Patty for nudging me on to FB and so thankful for the blessing it is!
I've been able to reconnect with my best friend, Donna, from Junior High/High School days. (Yes I grew up in the stone age when there was Jr High - not Middle School!) It has been so much fun to hear a little about where life has taken her and to even get to talk to her on the phone and hear her voice. Donna is the friend that I should have stayed in contact with all these years. If time and distance had not separated us I can see us as the little old ladies that cause trouble but in a loving way.
I have also been able to reconnect with one of my dear college friends, Mona. Mona was in my wedding and we stayed in contact of sorts through our Baton Rouge move. Before our move, we had started to loose a little touch with kids and life in general edging in and not being in the same town. The BR move pretty much reduced it to Christmas cards and a note every now and then. It has been great to meet Mona and her hubby, Terry, a couple of times for dinner when we've been in Arkansas. She's another one that it seems we just picked right up and ran with it. I'm in hopes that Terry and her will come down here soon for at least a long weekend.
One of the biggest surprises on FB for me has been reconnecting with my niece, Amy. Through circumstances that weren't in our control, we had lost touch. I didn't even know her married name. Imagine my surprise and gladness when I opened a message in my FB inbox and it was from her. It's not been a month since that night and I have really enjoyed getting acquainted with my adult niece, learning about her life, her kids and just her. She is a special young woman with a lot of energy and love. It's been fun hearing what she likes and the personality of her kids and seeing how it matches up with her extended family. It is a special blessing and I pray that it will lead to me getting to catch up with her in a face to face way - not just electronically. But I'm definitely thankful for the electronic way!
When I got on FB I figured it would just be a little fun way to keep up with my BR friends. After all, us old people weren't really into it. Instead I've discovered that it is really a blessing to my life. So many memories and so many catch ups. I'm thankful to my friend Patty for nudging me on to FB and so thankful for the blessing it is!
1 comment:
I hear where you are coming from. I got on FB cuz my boys were on there, especially Gabe and Marci and that was how they communicated with their college group. Now that all my lady friends in BR are on FB it is fun to hear the conversations that go on. I especially enjoy hearing about my birthson's adventures. So, a big thank you to facebook. :-)
Post a Comment