Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Catching Up

It's been a lot of fun these past few days. We spent a fun week in Nashville while I attended the annual Christian Education Conference. I always benefit from my time at this conference hearing a lot of ideas, being encouraged and fellowshipping with friends I've made along the way. You can read all about our trip here.

After we arrived home I had to get busy with registration for the Southeast Leadership Training for Christ Convention. This is the convention our kids from South attend and that is held in Mobile each year at Easter weekend. Our kids really enjoy going to convention but more than that I like the encouragement we get to train the kids and use their many talents year round. Each year we have gained a few more participants and with the increased numbers, it takes a little longer to get things together. Two things helped me this year. First SELTC has an online registration system available now. It's wonderful not having to produce so much paper. Second is that my good friend, Debbie, is the volunteer coordinator for the middle school/high school group. She has been a real life saver.

As an aside - check out the web sites that "our" kids put together. I think they did a great job!

It was good Tuesday to be able to return to my Bible study group. I so enjoy my time with the ladies I study with. They are not only good friends, but full of wisdom and encouragement.

Now I'm trying to catch up with my friends. Today I was able to eat lunch with my friend, Debra. Something that was long overdue. She is a lot of fun with a good sense of humor. I always enjoy being with her. Tomorrow I have errands to run and my friend June will be along with me. We haven't gotten together in several weeks so I'm sure there will be non-stop talking and catching up. I cherish my friends and am thankful that I can spend time with them.

No comments: